Crown Iron Works Office Space
Originally, the space served as the main office for the Crown Iron Works Company, which began as a blacksmith shop in 1878 and grew to become a large iron foundry for much of the 20th Century.
Several earlier interior renovations covered original historic details and divided the interior into small rooms. The design highlights the building’s structure, especially the original ornamental cast iron column capitals. The interior open plan maximizes daylighting and flexibility for the studio work environment. The conference room uses a high clerestory to allow natural light to penetrate into the space, while still maintaining privacy.